- Create templates for work instructions. Add drawings, photographs, descriptive icons,
and text to complete your work instruction sheet.
- Use the Label feature to enable work instructions to be filled out data-entry style, and
incorporate computed fields such as current date and time and automatically generated file
names based on part number, operation, and page.
- Edit, position, and size up to 8 images and/or object-oriented blueprints on each
instruction page, including color or grayscale photographs.
- Define frames for blueprint sizing and positioning on template.
- Live links to blueprints allow automatic updating when photographs, images, or drawings
- Create and use "drag and drop" libraries of 128 frequently-used symbols each.
- Highlight areas of your blueprints with color.
- Zoom, Pan, and Zoom to User-Selected Area.
- Graphics Translation Capabilities, interactively or in batch mode, for: CGM, HPGL,
HPGL/2, Form software format.
- Ten windows available to contain drawings, for simultaneous editing, with copying,
cutting, and pasting between work instructions.
- Search allows automatic location of part, tool, or fixture references. (With
Methods, you can globally, or selectively, change the part number wherever it appears.)
- ISO Time Stamp allows automatic printing of customizable time stamp at bottom of each
- Directory aliases allow reference to directories in a uniform and consistent way for a
network or mixed operating system environment.
- High resolution print output from all Windows- supported printers, including color
- Print grayscale and color photographs; plot drawings; rotate, crop, and scale at print
- Formats supported include: TIFF Group 3; TIFF Group 4; CCITT Group 4 with CALS Header;
TIFF Uncompressed; TechView Metafile; TechView Compressed Binary Vector Files; TIFF
Grayscale and Color Photographs; JPEG, JFIF Grayscale and Color Photographs; DOD CALS
Compliant; CGM; HPGL and HPGL/2 Plot Files; and BMP.
- As part of the TechView Work Instruction System, TechEdit can be used as a
stand-alone product to create work instruction sheets, or in conjunction with Methods
and/or HyperView to organize and view work instructions.
Drawing & Editing Features
- Extensive blueprint editing of images and photos, with cutting, copying, pasting,
cropping, erasing, and automatic tracing and erasing of images.
- TechEdit supports these drawing tools: Lines, Rectangles, Text, Arrows, Patterns,
Whiteout, Squares, Circles, Ovals, Splines, Polylines, Freehand Drawing, 3 to 8 sided
Polygons, Symbol Libraries.
- Powerful interactive Spline tool to match any curve precisely.
- Electronic Scissors to copy from drawings and images, then paste onto form and edit.
- Text capabilities include: Type sizes from 1 to 144 points; expand or compress text
width and track; Subscripts and Superscripts; Technical Characters; Roman, Modern, and
Typewriter fonts; ISO Characters; paragraph text with automatic wrap and adjustable
wrapping and linespacing.
- Interactively Rotate and Scale Objects and Text.
- Color and Shades of Gray for Text, Lines, Fills.
- Custom Color Palettes
- Sharpen and optimize contrast for photographs.
- Select objects to edit by common attributes, such as color, point size, and fill.